My First Year in IIST

Hello Young Folks ! ✌

I'm Shanmugarajan B, an avionics student from IIST completed my first year of college life. I would like to share my experience of first year of college in IIST. Indian Institute of Space Science Technology was first established in 2007 with the objective of offering high quality education in space science and technology to meet the demands of the Indian space-missioned program. The college provides you with the 3 courses for B Tech. The courses are Aerospace Engineering, Avionics, Engineering Physics. 


How did I join IIST ?
I joined IIST in Avionics Department after clearing the JEE ADVANCED in the year 2022 with the sufficient benchmark set by the institute*. I personally felt that JEE ADVANCED 2022 was very difficult compared to the near past years😓. During my admission time, the closing mark was less enough for me to get into in IIST. I felt it was due to the difficulty level of the exam and difficulties of pandemic. 

How is my experience in IIST ?
IIST is a national level institute like many IITs and NITs where students from different states of India study. Knowing Hindi will be more advantageous for you to interact well among the people from north. I personally do not know Hindi, but still I was very well able to manage with English to have healthy interaction with my peers. In fact, my close friends are from north, central and south parts of India😉.  You will get to know a lot about different traditions, cultures and knowledge of the other states. Medical Facility inside the college is very good. Staffs working in the department are so kind and caring. Security inside campus is high level as I expected. I had very healthy conversation with my college mates, my senior and faculties. We had movie nights😍, fun mall visits😎, restaurant weekends😋 as fun part of my college memories. In fact, I did not have the feeling of insecurity inside college. The hostel facilities are good and sufficient. The college is improving its standards in organizing many social events. I felt really happy that few students of my batch mates help improving the social vicinity of the college. The social experience was neat and decent for me to sustain in the college. 

How is Academics in IIST?
Now, the academics in IIST. I feel the college has high standard syllabus as in many IITs. I was always a 9 pointer in my school days till 12th standard, but I got CGPA of around 8 in my semester I. If you are always a top ranker in school days, then if you think you can do the same in college as in school, it is very difficult to do that with old traditional method of studies which you adopted in school. For a student who has never seen marks less than 75 for 80 marks in most of his school days, it was a hard reality to accept that 70 is the top mark of his entire batch 😌 Slowly we should change our mind set developed and get acclimatized to the academics of college. Many faculties who taught me were so helpful and friendly to me. They help me get acclimatize to the changes in college. Since student : teacher ratio is less, you will get in touch with many professors. I felt that it is our responsibility to grab every chance that knock our door to improve our knowledge. Library is magnificent 😀 and facility is excellent. We have reading room available always from morning 9:00 am to late night12:00 am. In fact, I spend most of my time in library during my quizzes (monthly exams of semester, usually we have 2 such for internal marks computation) and End Semester. Library with 24 hrs silence, resources and AC environment fits your perfect place to quench your thirst of knowledge. I have completed my second semester, one year of college yesterday. Hoping for good results!
  
My ratings as I felt:
Academics: 5/5 😁
Teacher and students interaction: 5/5 😁
Security: 6/5 😉
Geographical Environment: 4/5 😄
Hostels: 3.5/5 😊
Social and Cultural Events: 3/5 😊

*benchmark set will be subject to change according to the policies. For more information you are advised to check the official website "www.iist.ac.in"

The following details are my personal opinion and may differ person to person. For any official information, check the official website.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post